She took me by surprise. I am not a fan of any kind of British music, but, this time, she really took me by surprise.The way I know about all about the latest singles is to check out my colleague Pitar's HUGE stack of singles on his desk and see if I may able to find something nice and ask him to lend some to me for a quick check (a big shout out to you, pretty boy), but not this time.
She practically came to me one night.
On TV. On World Channel's EMI music signal to be exact (or something like that, but who cares...) I usually don't watch that program but on that particular Sunday night, I heard her calling.
I know this CD has been out for sometime already, but there is a old saying in Chinese-- "遲到好過無到". Her CD is in my stereo, her songs are on my dying iPod. I just have to have her with me to everywhere I go. Her music reminds me life can really good at some point.
I hope I won't get sick of this CD very quickly (For those who didn't know already, I have a tendency to get addicted to something very quickly and the passion usually dies very quickly as well.) Oh well, I think the last time I felt the same way about any music was Kanye West --got hooked instantly, couldn't live without it, and now, don't even care if the CDs have been covered with a thick layer of dust, don't even try to mention about my DYING iPOD.
This is my first confession on my current addiction. I am sure more to come. Stay tuned!

7 comments:
Thanks to your post! I added to my list of procrastination activites for the day an entire afternoon of 'locating' her songs.
I must admit, though, that her songs don't really speak to me that much... To one his own, I guess.
And thanks to your recommendation on Gnarls Barkley. They ROCK!
don't have any idea of who she is, i'm out of pop music for some time!
but i always love addiction! keep telling us!
do u know who I'm ?
Of coz I know who you are la, heyee's head. so any good catch at alice's store lately?
actually i dont know the name of the singer... the name appeared on the album is not clear bor... heehee....
成個月無去Alice到喇!咁你有無去過新鋪?大D又靚D!
喂!睇軟硬可以預埋我嗎?
新鋪? 我完全唔知alice 搬0左lor..(can u tell how long i haven't been there?)
喂!睇軟硬當然可以預埋你啦!想睇邊日?
Post a Comment